Allah (SWT) says in the Qur'aan,
"'Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibrahim (Abraham) and those with him, when they said to their people, 'Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever, until you believe in Allah Alone.'" [60:4]
- The migration from a non-Musilm land to a Muslim land to safeguard the Religion, with exception to those who are weak and oppressed, and those who cannot migrate due to geographical and contemporary political reasons. Also in strict exemption are those who migrate to a Disbelievers land to spread Islam, seek medical treatment, business or necessary knowledge provided that that Muslim is knowledgeable in Islam and is able to preserve his religion, openly practice Islamic rituals without compromise and maintain the rights of Al-Wala'u wa Al-Bara'.
- Supporting and helping any Muslim community, whether it is by our sayings, souls or wealth in all matters of Deen and Dunia. Allah (s.w.t.) Says: ".. but if they seek your help in religion, it is your duty to help them except against a people with whom you have a treaty of mutual alliance." [8:72]
- Sharing the times of joy and the times of agony with other fellow Muslims. The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: "The believers in their mutual love, are like the human body where when the eye is in agony, the entire body feels the pain; when the head aches, all the body will suffer." [Muslim] Showing concern in Muslims' issues and circulating their news in the media is included in this category.
- The Muslim must like for his brethren the acquiring of good and repelling of evil, in the same way that he loves these for himself. The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: "None amongst you (truly) believes till he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself." [Muslim]
- The abstinence from abusing, mocking or backbiting other Muslims. Allah (s.w.t.) has likened this to eating the flesh of the Muslim [49:11-12].
- To belong to the Muslim Jama'a (community) in unity and to avoid division as Allah Orders "And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah (ie. this Qur'an), and be not divided among yourselves." [3:103] and by the Prophets (s.a.w) saying: "Whoever dissociates oneself from the Jama'a by the span of the hand will die a Jahili (the age of ignorance) death."
- Despising Kufr (disbelief), Shirk (polytheism), and their people; and to maintain your enmity towards them as stated in Allah's Words: "Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibrahim (Abraham) and those with him, when they said to their people: 'Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever, - until you believe in Allah Alone'." [60:4]
- Taking not the Kuffar as Awliya' (supporters, helpers, etc.), dealing with them in affection because Allah (s.w.t.) commands: "O you who believe! Take not my enemies and your enemies (ie. disbelievers and polytheists, etc.) as friends, showing affection towards them." [60:1]
- Migrating from their lands and not travelling to it except in necessity. Narrated Samurah bin Jundub (r.a.a.): Allah's Messenger (s.a.w.) said: "Anybody (from among the Muslims) who meets, gathers together, lives, and stays (permanently) with a Mushrik (polytheist or a disbeliever in the Oneness of Allah, etc.) and agrees to his ways, opinions, etc. and (enjoys) his living with him (Mushrik) then he (that Muslim) is like him (Mushrik)." [Abu Dawud]
- Not to imitate the Kuffar in their religious rituals or their way of life as stated by the Prophet (s.a.w.): "Whoever imitates a (group of) people, then that person is one of them." The Prophet (s.a.w.) taught us that: "Jews and Christians do not dye their hair so you should do the opposite of what they do." [Bukhari]
- Avoiding their company and friendship as Stated by Allah: "And incline not toward those who do wrong, Lest the Fire should touch you , and you have no protectors other than Allah, nor you would then be helped." [11:113], especially with those who mock and ridicule Islam.
- In dealing with the Kuffar, no compromise in religion for the sake of courtesy and respect should be offered. Allah (s.w.t.) Said: "They wish that you should compromise (in religion out of courtesy) with them, so they (too) would compromise with you." [68:9] Furthermore, the Monotheist must not ask Allah forgiveness and mercy for the Kafir as Commanded by Allah: "It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allah's Forgiveness for the Mushrikun even though they may be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)." [9:113]